The Future of Reading?
Just to prove that no technology is immune from disruption one of the oldest technologies in the book is being disrupted: the act of reading. (Pun intended). Reading is so old and so fundamental it’s awkward to think of reading as a form of technology. Perhaps there’s a better term for it? I digress.
Not many people will tell you that reading is a waste of time but the folks at Spritz might. According to the company, “when reading, only around 20% of your time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word”. Spritz has found a way to avoid all that wasted time.
Spritz’s technology streams words at a customizable rate ranging from 250 to 1,000 words per minute. Instead of reading, you’re “spritzing”. Take a look at the example below – it’s streaming 500 words per minute.
I’m pretty sure this is the last stop before they can just mainline knowledge right to your brain (a la Matrix).
More information available at spritzinc.com
Found via FastCompany